Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Sydney, Toronto, Washington, DC, and Las Vegas (Noodle Bar, Ssäm Bar, Ko, Má Pêche, Seiobo, Noodle Bar Toronto, Daisho, Shoto, Fuku, Fuku+, CCDC, Nishi, Las Vegas, Fuku Wall St), a bakery established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi (Milk Bar), and a bar (Nikai). The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
Some things you'll be doing
- Clearing guest tables and anticipating customer needs
- Maintaining general cleanliness of the dining area
- Communicate and work collaboratively with both FOH & BOH staff
- Maintaining a professional, friendly demeanor in a fast paced environment
- At least 1 year of related experience
- Must possess exceptional work ethic
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think quickly and anticipate guest needs
- Must love food and love learning about food
- High volume restaurant experience preferred
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.