FIG & OLIVE is about passion for the best olive oils, flavors and cuisine from the Riviera & Coastal regions of the South of France, Italy and Spain. Our large variety of extra virgin olive oils was selected to be paired with each dish and to be offered for tasting at the beginning of each meal. With fresh, seasonal ingredients and simple preparation, our cuisine exudes the genuine taste of food, from a ripe heirloom tomato, a leaf of aromatic basil, to a fresh grilled fish finished with lemon, rosemary, thyme and olive oil-simplicity, healthiness and refined flavors at their best.
Purpose The primary responsibility of a Busser is to reset tables in a speedy professional and effective manner as guests leave the restaurant. Server's Assistants are also responsible for the grooming of the entire restaurant and its perimeters, as well as supporting servers and service staff with refills and clearing tables.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Obtain service area assignments at the beginning of each shift
- Greet guests as they are seated and bring water to table
- Clear tables after guests leave in a prompt manner•Place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for cleaning
- Clean table tops, chairs and booths and check floor and clean as needed
- Reset and arrange tabletop for next customers
- Inspect assigned table every 15 minutes and clean as needed
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest's requests to server immediately
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods
- Thank guests as they are leaving
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in high-volume fine dining
- Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness and professional appearance
- Team player with positive attitude and good communication skills
- Strong barista knowledge is preferred
- Able to fulfill physical requirements of a Server's Assistant's job -- carry heavy trays for long periods of time
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs. or more
- Must have Open Availability (AM & PM) & be able to work on weekdays, weekends, & holidays
- Food Handlers Card / ServSafe Certification
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential job functions being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications.