The Butcher Block Clerk is first and foremost is responsible for customer relations and satisfaction. He/She will maintain a clean and well-stocked service counter and will perform cleaning of seafood preparation area including storage vaults, supply area, and wrapping equipment as set forth by management.
- When a customer enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that customer.
- Prepare seafood products, take out foods, and seafood salads.
- Engage in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
- Wash and process fresh fish and create effective displays for meat, poultry and seafood products.
- Weight, wrap, price, stock and rotate butcher block products to ensure freshness and quality, while meeting customer product demands.
- Perform receiving duties to include: organizing cooler and storage areas, refrigerating product immediately, verifying orders against invoices, verifying freshness of ordered product, and reporting shortages and claims to ensure proper billing.
- Follow daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follow dress code in accordance with associate handbook.
- Follow attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with associate handbook.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to operate related equipment such as: knives, scales, steamers, broilers, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Ability to lift to a height of 4 feet, items weighing up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree temperatures. (Controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes.)
- Hands are frequently exposed to 30 degrees while handling product in the display cases.
- Must be able to learn taste, content, preparation and perishability of products, and safety and sanitation procedures.
- Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the market duties including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting, twisting, reaching, squatting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to function as an associate and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact