Summary: JELD-WEN is one of the world’s largest door and window manufacturers. We design, produce, and distribute an extensive range of interior and exterior doors, wood, vinyl, and aluminum windows, and related products for use in the new construction and repair and remodeling of residential homes and non-residential buildings. We are seeking an experienced, results-oriented candidate to manage the replenishment of key production materials for our Atlanta-based operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiate purchase orders as buyer in SAP ERP system. Ensure all materials are available for forecasted and/or confirmed customer order fulfillment according to facility needs.
- Optimize inventory investment for assigned product lines.
- Transact daily activities to support raw material requirements regulating inventory levels, and achieving targeted inventory turns
- Set and manage planning parameters (safety stock, lead times, forecasts, order quantities)
- Responsible for timely planning of raw materials including forecast communications to suppliers (MRP, Min/max, VMI, Kanban, Special Order)
- Effective supplier/customer communications to ensure proper inventory levels, on time shipments and deliveries of products
- Work closely with Sourcing Team to develop and execute material sourcing strategies
- Manage transition and timing of product offering changes (engineering changes, new product launches, product line obsolescence, vendor changes)
- Communicate with production facilities regularly to insure material availability.
- Provide timely accurate analysis of raw material inventories, demands and requirements.
- Issue purchase orders timely and accurately and provide follow up and communication as directed.
- Coordinate and execute the flow of materials from suppliers to meet production needs.
- Ensure supplier delivery is timely. Anticipates and takes action to mitigate supply gaps, including any quality issues
- Provides clear metrics to upper management on the status of production conformance to master schedule, shop floor capacity or bottlenecks, and forecast risk mitigation.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to plan replenishment of multiple SKU production materials
- Analysis of inventory stocking levels
- PO generation and dispute management
- Supplier issue resolution and escalation
- Management of suppliers across multiple (20+) manufacturing sites
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Two-year Associates degree or Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.) from college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. APICS OR ISM Certification
Computer Skills: This job is almost exclusively computer and phone based. General computer use skills required include but are not limited to;
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word
- Intermediate Excel functionality required – PIVOT Tables, Vlookup, basic statistical formulas, etc
- Internet commerce tools (email, web-based fulfillment, EDI)Ability to extract and import data for analysis in Excel
- Industry standard MRP (SAP, Oracle, Syteline, JD, etc) experience preferred
- Progress language-based MRP experience helpful, but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP ERP/MRP Systems. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
Travel: Limited (5-10%) travel will be necessary to familiarize the individual with plant operations and collaborate with off-site partners.
JELD-WEN is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. To ensure the safety and health of our employees, JELD-WEN maintains a drug-free work environment.