Immediate Need! The Associate Buyer functions as a Buyer or Sr. Buyer, reporting to the CPO. Should have a passion for Home Decor products, furnishings and accessories, and have a good sense for the aesthetics of an item, its look, feel, weight, color, and overall appeal. An affinity for data is essential to keep track of SKUs, costs, and retail price points and to be able to assess the relative value of new items being considered for additional to the product line.
1. Maintains an awareness of current trends and be able to translate trends into product design and selection
2. Evaluate new product introductions. This includes selection and competitive price assessment
3. Participate in merchandising working sessions to highlight product attributes and viability
4. Keep offering robust - adding new items and dropping existing items that do not meet sales targets
5. Travel to international trade shows and supplier three to four times per year, primarily China and India.
6. Attend one or two domestic trade shows annually
7. Competency with Computer Programs, particularly with Excel Pivot Tables and Power Point presentations a must.
8. Frequent contact with vendors on a variety of topics.
9. Interfaces with all departments and resolves problems and issues as necessary.
10. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
1. Negotiation Skills.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication Proficiency.
4. Customer/Client Focus.
5. Time Management.
6. Collaboration Skills.
7. Exceptionally Strong Excel and PowerPoint Proficiency.
8. Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
9. Ability to prioritize
11. Work Effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
12. Decipher data, spreadsheets, and database products.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
International and Domestic Travel is expected and can be up to 10 weeks per year.
Required Education and Experience
1. Four Year College Degree.
2. Minimum of 6-7 Years’ Buyer Experience in Home Decor, Furnishing or Lighting is a must have.
3. Experience in working with overseas manufacturers and vendors to develop creative products lines
Must successfully pass a drug and background screening.
No relocation. Client prefers candidates who already reside in the Los Angeles area.
Please send your resume if you have the above experience, are willing to travel up to 10 weeks/year plus live in the Greater Los Angeles area. Thank you