The Buyer has ownership of their overall business and is accountable to achieve sales and margin objectives. This includes development and execution of product assortment strategy and management of vendor relationships for a specific category of business to maximize sales and exceed customer expectations.
Fun Team and Great Benefits!
- Health Care Benefits (including dental and vision)
- Retirement savings benefits such as a pension and 401(k)
- Paid Vacation
- And more!
- Plan category assortment and develop sales strategy across all media through product sourcing, development, positioning, and pricing, and concept development and management.
- Develop and execute promotional strategy.
- Communicate and coordinate concept vision and execution with internal support partners.
- Analyze industry, competitor, and category trends to identify new product opportunities.
- Own category brand and product development process, across private label and national brand partners.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships and manage vendor performance.
- Own the creation of top USP (unique selling points) and other selling assets to optimize item performance.
- Partner with Planning team, to collaborate on all aspects of the business including forecasts, show plans, item reorders, and maintaining proper assortment price bands.
- Collaborate with vendors, Extended Assortment merchants and Digital teams to drive off-air/.com sales.
- Communicate and partner with internal teams.
- Provide assessment, training, development, feedback to the team to support individual growth and maintain a positive work environment. If necessary, provide corrective discipline to address non-compliance issues.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant Buyer/ Retail Management experience preferred
- 1-3 years team leadership experience
- Home shopping network experience in a merchandising role is prefered
- Outstanding negotiating and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and management experience preferred
- Ablility to operate independently and work closely with the buying team and other cross functional teams
- Ability to travel
- Buyer > Sr. Buyer > Director of Merchandising > VP of Merchandising
iMedia Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of sex/gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, or other protected characteristics as defined by state, federal, or local law.
The individual in this role must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation. In the event that an applicant or employee wishes to seek a reasonable accommodation, please contact iMedia’s Human Resources department for further direction.
This job description is intended to convey the general nature and scope of the position and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed, and iMedia management reserves the right to amend the duties and responsibilities of this role at any time to meet business needs.