Coordinates and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between departments by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews production schedules and related information and confers with Operations group to determine material requirements to identify and track materials.
- Requisitions material and establishes delivery dates to departments, according to production order priorities and material availability.
- Uses MRP to schedule amount of material required to complete production orders and maintain inventory levels.
- Expedites purchase orders for timely deliveries to meet schedules.
- Negotiates discounts, terms and delivery with suppliers.
- Adjust schedules per customer service and sales requirements.
- Review quotations for accuracy and assign delivery dates.
- Vendor selection, qualification and evaluation required.
- Participate in cross-functional teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of MRP computer systems.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of Kanban principles.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- APICS certification a plus.
Salary + annual bonus potential