Shorr Packaging is seeking a Corrugated Buyer with a successful track record of sourcing and merchandising, preferably within the packaging industry. This position will be responsible for corrugated purchasing with the responsibility of managing supplier relationships, identifying product opportunities, sourcing of product, negotiating price and program, and building/maintaining price sheets.
This position will manage program details, the integrity of the programs and the termination of the programs if necessary. This position works closely with sales, marketing, inventory management and leadership teams to drive buy side profitability enhancement and sales growth opportunities. Activities will include regional and national product sourcing, supplier selection, strategic supplier management, total cost of ownership evaluation, cost reduction, discount and rebate program development and terms & conditions. Will manage and achieve specific financial goals as they relate to the overall needs of the organization.
- Manages all aspects of product & supplier management including financials, relationships, product selection, negotiation and deal closure.
- Manages the integrity of all item information.
- Manages detail projects across chosen categories within the organization.
- Analyzes product performance and makes decisions to maximize sales performance as well as income performance. This includes, but is not limited to, private branding.
- Become the subject matter expert for the assigned product line.
- Lead development of supplier rebate programs.
- Reviews requests for new items to be added to product offering and ensures supplier selection is appropriate and profitability metrics are met based on guidelines.
- Manages the quality and performance of category products.
- Manage supplier metrics, compliance and corrective action development.
- BA/BS Degree in business related field.
- 5+ years product management or sourcing experience.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding KPI goals.
- Exceptional presentation skills and interpersonal effectiveness.
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to exceed financial and professional goals.
- Ability to position Shorr Packaging solutions as a strategic advantage to our customers’ long term needs.
- Thorough understanding of supply chain and supplier manufacturing processes.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office solutions including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally.
- Solid grasp of how a product or product line is managed against competition and strategies around maintaining a competitive advantage.
- Self-directed and ability to manage area of responsibility with limited oversight.
Shorr Packaging has experienced significant growth and unparalleled customer service year after year. The company has provided business solutions through quality packaging systems, products, and technical service for more than 90 years. As an employee owned company since 1984, every member of the Shorr Packaging team is committed to the company's success. Today, Shorr has employee owners in eight branch locations across the U.S. and represent premier manufacturers like 3M, Sealed Air, and Lantech.
The solution to our success is our people, both our customers and our employee owners.
Shorr Packaging Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides employee owners with excellent compensation, 401K, employee stock (ESOP), medical, dental, life, and more.