Join this growing, family-owned company that’s been in business for generations!
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager (Direct Hire)
Job Type: Permanent/ Direct Hire / Full Time
Location: Near Branchport, NY
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Company: This is a position with a well-established company, which has been in business for more than 100 years. This company shows employee appreciation through various holiday parties, quarterly luncheons, bonuses, community engagement initiatives, etc.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, company-paid life insurance, EAP, tuition reimbursement, paid time off.
The Job Duties:
- Responsible for the purchasing and delivery of all materials and supplies used by the organization
- Day-to-day ordering of materials, searching out better suppliers, and negotiating better pricing and terms
- Dealing with quality, lead time, and other issues relating to getting the best materials when needed
- Keeping inventories to a minimum consistent with unfailing supply
- Supervise purchasing and warehouse staff. Hire, train and develop staff
- Plan and organize all purchasing activities
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Plan, manage & participate in the annual physical inventory performed at year end.
- Work closely with Accounting in regards to: price discrepancies, receipt discrepancies,
- Monthly review of costs, inventory adjustments and annual inventory.
- Relevant experience in a similar position
- Background working in and full familiarity with inventory systems management.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Supervisory experience.
In order to be considered, please submit a detailed resume.