Fabbrica LLC is a premier engineering to order custom design manufacturing company for external curtain wall facade systems. We are located in the greater Hartford area and operate in the Northeast corridor. We deliver innovative solutions for the building industry and are currently looking to expand our workforce. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who can work independently and within a team environment.
We currently have an opening for a Buyer position.
- All aspects of supply chain management including supplier selection, performance and order management.
- Setting up quote packages for bidding and direct involvement in the vendor negotiation process.
- Capable of selecting new vendors for our industry and creating new vendor setups.
- Communicate material status updates by use of MRP systems.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Involvement with quality management system processes, inspection, test plans and following safety requirements.
- Conduct quality audits on site and work to develop a project quality management system to resolve observed quality issues and deficiencies.
- All other duties within the Procurement Department as needed.
- Previous experience in an ETO (engineering to order) organization
- Experience with Architectural Metal Panel Fabrication (Composite, Galvanized, Stainless Steel etc.)
- Ability to formalize/review material/process Specific QA/QC Plan
- Proficient with SolidWorks and AutoCad
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to read 2D drawings and 3D models
- Must have the ability to interact regularly with suppliers.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Willingness to travel, potentially overseas
- Associates Degree with Technical / Civil Engineering background preferred or sufficient work experience.