Detail-oriented Buyer responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for company. Responsibilities include creating purchase orders, processing bids, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, maintaining inventory levels, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The buyer will work with sales staff to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous.
· Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
· Solicit Bid Pricing from vendors for customer bids
· Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate for the best pricing.
· Process requisitions and update management on the status of orders.
· Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
· Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
· Analyze market trends to make insightful buying decisions.
· Coordinate with inventory team, management, and warehouse as required.
· Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
· Relevant experience in food industry.
· Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word).
· Proficient in appropriate software.
· Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Food / Beverage Buyer