J.C.Penney Company, Inc.
The Buyer plans, purchases, communicates, and controls merchandising, pricing and marketing strategies for assigned lines of business as required; while maximizing sales and profits and increase market share for JCPenney Stores and JCPenney.com.
- Develops a competitive merchandise assortment plan that is customer focused and monitors and adjusts sales plan by staying abreast of fashion/industry trends and competition
- Builds strong product assortment with suppliers, negotiates pricing and inventory in assigned categories
- Evaluate suppliers on new and existing products, including but not limited to quality, pricing, shipping time, customer demand and return on investment
- Manage the selection and bidding process of new and existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Integrates brand, sourcing, marketing and retail supply chain functions into the merchandising process to make business decisions
- Attends trade shows and conferences to research new industry trends and products
- Identifies items to maximize promotional and marketing strategies and determines lifecycle of each item. Provides input in creating the exit strategy and inventory aging standards.
- Trains, coaches and develops Assistant and Associate Buyers
- Ability to recognize, analyze and quantify market trends
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- 4-6+ years merchandising experience; preferably with a large organization in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of buying and operations gained through progressive buying experience
- Assortment optimization and Business Planning
- Supplier and Price Management
- Strong Decision Making ability and Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrates Courage/Conviction
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required
Our corporate office supports the JCPenney stores nationwide and offers a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401 (k) Savings Plan with company match, and a merchandise discount plan to JCPenney. Amenities include free covered parking, full cafeteria services, fitness center, and on-site childcare.
REQ ID: 1082699