Benchmark Electronics is seeking an experienced Buyer with at least 2+ years’ experience in Commodity Purchasing preferred. This opportunity is located at our Huntsville, AL location.
The Buyer is responsible for procuring material and products to support our rapidily growning supply chain. Procures production, equipment and MRO materials necessary for the operation of the business. Performs other assignments related to the procurement and management of materials from suppliers. Responsible for negotiating with approved vendors, assuring the timeliness of deliveries and accuracy of orders, and following up with vendors when there is a problem with delivery.
Come join an industry leader in Electronics Manufacturing. Benchmark offers comprehensive design and manufacturing services to customers around the world. We serve the Medical, Aerospace, Telecom, Energy, Transportation, Computing and Storage markets. You’ve seen our work at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and in Hollywood. America’s women and men in uniform count on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe and the commercial aircraft crisscrossing our skies use products we manufacture. Products we engineer live inside some of the world’s fastest computers and are saving lives every day in hospitals and surgical suites around the globe. As a leading electronics manufacturing solution provider, we identify and work with the world’s best original equipment manufacturers to bring their products to life through design, test development, and electronics manufacturing.
Essential Functions and Competencies
- General Qualifications to be added to all ’exempt’ job descriptions:
- In depth knowledge of Material Resource Planning (MRP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism.
- Self-driven and motivated individual
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools.
- Strong customer service and client focus
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office products
- APICS Certification (CSCP/CPIM) is a plus.
- Understanding of the extended process of material procurement, inventory analysis
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and familiarity with, or ability to gain familiarity with, procurement requirements for electronics and related agreements.
- Flexibility to support global business operation as needed
- Effective negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate confidentiality and the ability to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when representing the company in supply chain decisions.
- Knowledge of billing practices and controls.
Qualifications/ Education / Experience
- Analyzes customer purchase orders for compliance to BHE or customer’s contract terms
- Analyzes, and executes Materials Requirement Plan (MRP) on weekly basis.
- Continuously monitors and verifies materials pipeline to ensure it meets the MRP requirements. Identify and appropriately address materials supply issues.
- Responsible for attaining inventory goals for assigned customers or commodities.
- Ensures materials availability to support production per the Master Production Schedule through MRP execution, on-time delivery, and coordination of materials movement through receiving to production.
- Executes and maximizes negotiated terms with suppliers to reduce materials liability and overall procurement cost including freight and payment terms.
- Executes corporate contracts and ensures suppliers’ adherence to negotiated terms.
- Maintains integrity of data to minimize material liability and to optimize working capital.
- Monitors and continuously strives to improve supplier's delivery and quality performance.
- Addresses and resolves recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools, and coordination with corporate procurement team.
- Request and analyze quotations concerning items that meet company design and specification and check for reasonableness of price on such items
- Analyze potential impact of forecast and production schedule changes on component procurement.
- Develop, document and maintain supply chain solutions and programs to drive efficiencies, flexibility and cost reductions (i.e. Kanban, safety stock, VMI, EDI).
0 to 2 years experience in Commodities Purchasing
4-year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management.