Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Under close supervision performs a variety of routine and/or low dollar value buying/purchasing tasks involving materials, supplies, or services. Reviews purchase requisitions, and places orders with approved suppliers. May evaluate bids, select, and/or recommend suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality, and service. Follows up on all awards until completion of the order. May assist in negotiations for major purchases by developing or compiling statistical information and gathering other data as required. Coordinates with the accounting department as required resolving questions on suppliers' invoices. Typically works on routine assignments with folder creation and folder management responsibility. Responsible for purchases of micro-level to moderate complexity. May be assigned higher-value tasks with oversight from more senior-level staff.
- Apply sound procurement techniques to support acquisition planning, acquisition strategies, and subsequent acquisition of materials and simple services.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and standard commercial procurement practices.
- Review purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Develop sourcing lists for various commodities to support the development of requests for information (RFIs), quotations (RFQs), proposals (RFPs) and invitations to bid.
- Interview potential suppliers.
- Review solicitation responses and perform relevant analyses to include price and cost, Statement of Work compliance, delivery terms, payment terms, and other terms and conditions of the procurement.
- Negotiate all aspects of procurements to include price, payment and delivery terms, quality requirements, and other factors with suppliers to achieve the best value procurement possible.
- Generate Purchase Orders in final form for approval and signature.
- Prepare and maintain complete Purchase Order files in accordance with Federal Acquisition policies, Corporate Procurement guidance, and other applicable references to ensure compliance throughout the procurement cycle.
- Procure using streamlined acquisition methods such as purchase card transactions.
- Actively manage the procurement process from order placement through receipt of products and subsequent payment of invoices.
- Actively manage supplier performance through consistent communication to ensure proper adherence to purchase order terms and conditions.
- Participate in the invoice approval process to ensure that supplier invoices are in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, and resolve issues as necessary.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks to execute job functions in an orderly, efficient manner.
- Work professionally in a team environment and independently as necessary.
- Identify problems, analyze alternatives, and develop viable recommendations.
- Read, comprehend, and interpret written materials of low to moderate difficulty.
- Compose written materials of low to moderate difficulty on procurement-related issues.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Act with integrity at all times when representing the Company.
- Perform other related duties as required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.