Buyer Opportunity in Houston, TX for 4+ Months
- Purchases production materials, equipment, parts, supplies, and services as directed.
- Work with Planning Group, attend Planning Meetings and source requisitions for goods and services.
- Obtains quotations from suppliers and negotiates pricing and terms.
- Coordinates and expedites materials, quantities, and delivery dates.
- Assures suppliers meet with all company and customer quality standards.
- Enter purchase order information into the computer.
- Research components/material for sourcing.
- Continues to develop and utilize a professional knowledge of purchasing principles, theories, concepts, and procedures in related functional areas.
- Generate Work Order vs. Purchase Order report, analyze and circulate.
**This is a 9/80 Work Schedule
- SAP experience, preferred Excellent PC and Microsoft Office skills required
- Raw materials purchasing background, preferred
- Telecom purchasing a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills/ability to get along with others
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and take initiative
- Good negotiating skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Procurement experience
- Purchases production materials, supplies, equipment, and services with direction.
- Obtains quotations from suppliers, negotiating pricing terms and delivery when necessary.
- Set priorities, schedule work, and coordinate projects using the purchasing process.
- Research components for alternate sourcing.
- Maintain required quality performance levels.
- Liaise with Operations and Planning Groups.
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity, and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.