Cobhamis seeking aBuyer II. The selected candidate will support allocated projects, collecting and analyzing data, sending RFQs, summarizing quotes, purchasing items specific to the projects and liaising with the Strategic Procurement Function and Tactical Procurement Function. This position is for future opportunities and located in Davenport, IA.
- Collect and analyze data related to purchases for a specific set of parts or commodity.
- Assist Strategic Procurement Managers with structuring, organizing, and sending RFQs to suppliers.
- Assist Strategic Procurement Managers with organizing and analyzing RFQ response.
- Managing subsequent FAI and other procurement activities including internal and vendor communications; negotiating schedule and delivery changes with vendors.
- Continually monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the status and performance to group project goals.
- Support timely disposition and return of any non-conforming supplier material.
- Analyse and process supplier notifications.
- Monitor delivery status of scheduled receipts to ensure on time delivery to need.
- Performing all operations according to appropriate regulations (FAR, DFAR, ITAR, EAR) and in accordance with Cobham standards.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations or Supply Chain Management.
- 2+ years of experience working in a supply chain organization.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints.
- Experience influencing and or negotiating.
- Supplier Relationship management experience.
- APICS and/or ISM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CPIM, CPSM);Certification in Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM).
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham'svalues of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobhamis one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trustCobhamto deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category Procurement
Primary Location US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization Cobham Mission Systems Davenport