MISSION / SUMMARY:
Analyze the elements of value, selection of items satisfactory to users, negotiation of terms and conditions and the determination of source of supply that is in Division/Companies best interest. Purchase equipment, supplies and services for Mill‘s use in such a manner that the maximum value will be obtained for the money expended. Purchases will be made from qualified/approved manufacturers/suppliers whose reputations, financial positions and price structures are sufficiently adequate for consideration as logical sources of supply. The successful candidate will understand and align business operations and Procurement as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Purchases all materials, supplies and services (MRO, capital, storeroom, service) required by the various departments in the most economical and efficient manner consistent with corporate guidelines.
- Consolidates purchases of like or common items to obtain maximum economic benefits
- Evaluates markets to analyze pricing/deliveries for materials and equipment to define how to obtain savings through improved specifications and supervision of supply sources. Recommend changes in quantities to be ordered when conditions warrant
- Ensures purchasing and related functions are carried out in accordance with Division/Company policies, procedures, internal audit controls as well as legal and ethical requirements.
- Supports Corporate Supply Chain initiatives
- Responsible for managing supply categories with significant spend levels for critical components and service
- Supports equipment reliability through managing the supply chain
- Implements written OEM supply agreements to assure availability of parts and materials and timely repairs
- Urgently expedite parts and material to support maintenance and operations
- Maintains SAP info records, source lists and data integrity.
- Manages the procure to pay cycle for company purchase orders
- Utilizes the MRP process to make system-based buy decisions
- Manages the supply chain to meet department metrics for on time delivery and cost reductions
- Establishes and maintains contacts by telephone, mail and personal interviews with suppliers and proactively ensures impartial treatment of all vendors.
- Protects the Division from undesirable legal actions deriving from buyer/supplier relations by recognizing legal implication in any situation and consult with legal counsel as needed. Enforce Legal Department’s policy directives.
- VMR - Online vendor registration
- Monitors vendor insurance coverage
- Daily monitoring of invoices in workflow for price and quantity discrepancies.
- Actively promotes a safe working environment inside and outside the company
- Supports other departmental requirements/functions as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Background in purchasing, supply chain
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent enterprise software
- Materials support role in a manufacturing environment
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines on a continuous basis
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain management with 5 years of experience in purchasing, materials management, manufacturing planning, or supply chain
- Closely related work experience required in lieu of degree will be considered
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate up and down the organization
- Strong organization skills
- Independent initiative to achieve department and organization goals
- Understanding of MRP and supply chain optimization
- Managing processes utilizing the company’s business software
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to motivate people to perform at higher level.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and other software applications as required for the business.
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Learning on the Fly
- Organizational Agility
- Priority Setting
- Peer Relationships
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.