Responsible for performing duties associated with the buying of materials, supplies and services for assigned commodity. Perform cost analysis, and volume planning for major commodities; monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at the best value. Support the purchasing / materials actions associated in sustaining the manufacturing of aftermarket products, new product developments in addition to driving materials tactics required for Engineering programs.
Commodity knowledge and technical awareness of electronics, PCB and electro mechanical assemblies to support a dynamic engineering / manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage complex supply chain networks to accomplish critical tasks with minimal directives
- Negotiates with vendors on price and lead times
- Manage supplier to price, delivery and quality expectations and escalates when appropriate. Supports continuous cost reduction through the relentless pursuit of favorable purchase price variance
- Manage vendor schedules to support inventory level goals.
- Ability to use applicable ERP planning and in-house software to do needed analysis and report generation required to support management and decision-making activities
- Issue RFQ’s, review responses and make recommendations for vendor selection
- Identify variances of delivered goods against original P.O. and take necessary corrective action
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection, receiving, stockroom, or quality control personnel, users, suppliers, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price, market trends assessment, pricing and product availability
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary to management
- Manages expedites for delivery of goods or services as required
- Execute procedures and guidelines for assuring proper and ethical vendor relationships
- Insures item master purchase planning parameters are maintained in planning systems
- Reviews requisitions and MRP output; issues purchase orders, reschedules and cancels material based on requisitions and MRP output
- Seek out new vendors/suppliers to ensure back-up capacity is available if required
- Track and report cost savings or avoidances
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records
- Work with supplier to optimize supplier performance
Skills and Core Competencies:
- BS degree desirable or equivalent with 6 to 8 years of experience in high technology environment
- ERP/MRP based procurement experience
- Proficient use in developing, manipulating, and/or revising Excel spreadsheets; ERP/MRP programs or databases
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently while juggling changing manufacturing priorities and managing other day to day requirements
- Experience in managing suppliers within your commodity expertise
- Must have demonstrated ability and knowledge of supplies, equipment, material, and/or services of ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Individuals in the position may provide work related direction to less experienced purchasing department staff and clerical support personnel.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others, demonstrate strong interpersonal skill, and have previous experience within a customer service organization.
- Must have good phone skills and interact well with other. Must have strong knowledge of current software packages.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in the English language.
- Required to sit at a computer station for long periods of time manipulating Excel spreadsheets, systems and ERP databases. Must have the ability to maintain a calm, positive disposition in spite of difficult or tense negotiations.
- Some physical demands required are:
Lifting Yes No 0-20lbs; 25% of time
Sitting Yes No 0-80% of time
Other desirable qualifications:
- Avionics and/or aviation experience
- Display technology commodity experience
- Oracle EBS R12 experience desirable
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Avidyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.
Buyer / Purchasing Agent