At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position’s key responsibility is to ensure that funds are spent responsibly and in the best interest of the enterprise. This includes engaging with business partners on critical business requirements for purchase requests and performing best in class sourcing for the enterprise, leading in sourcing negotiations, bidding processes and vendor management, provide fair and equitable RFx award analysis and act as the key liaison for the business during implementation of purchase agreement terms.
How you will make an impact:
- Binds the company on significant purchases with consultation from management.
- Affects business operations to a substantial degree by financially committing the company to spend obligations on items including furniture, fixtures, IT hardware and software, services, consulting services, supplies and promotional items.
- Conducts all sourcing/bidding/quoting/purchasing with integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Awards purchase agreements using clear, justifiable and objective analysis.
- Manages sourcing projects ensuring compliance to policies and processes throughout.
- Responsible for collection of business requirements to ensure both lowest cost as well as key business requirements are met.
- Independently sources alternative vendors, qualifies vendors, monitors vendor quality and negotiates pricing to ensure standards are met and the company receives the best value.
- Tracks and reports on vendor trends, market fluctuations and supplier performance.
- Utilizes the bench marking data to ensure vendor partners are in line with industry pricing standards.
- Creates project timelines for all sourcing activities and manages to an on-time delivery of RFx award.
- Creates and maintains process documentation for sourcing/bidding and procurement activities, including but not limited to: RFx/Bidding/Sourcing, Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Receiving, Open Purchase Order Maintenance, Purchase Order Adjustments, Close of Purchase Order.
- Sets up and performs training sessions to ensure cross organizational understanding of sourcing and procurement processes, policies, best in class procurement standards and Delta’s best in class MBE/WBE/DBE program requirements.
- Performs analytics and provide KPI’s to management for review including but not limited to: sourcing, bidding and procurement activities as well as Corporate Supplier Diversity Program management.
- Coordinates consistent delivery of reporting metrics to management for review.
- Collaborates with appropriate team members, business partners and vendors as appropriate to ensure sourcing and procurement activities support various departmental and enterprise goals and objectives.
- Coordinates quarterly top 10 vendor business reviews with team and management.
- Transacts Purchase Agreements and other required contract documentation per purchasing policy and processes.
- Serves as the ‘go to’ person for sourcing and procurement activities, processes, training and relationship management to both internal customers and vendors.
- Assists team and management as needed with projects and process improvements.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required minimum of 6+ years related experience.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to formulating, affecting, interpreting, or implementing management policies or operating practices.
- Self-starter able to action against project deliverables with little supervision, drives for results within timelines.
- Delivers best in class customer service (personable, adaptable, ambitious, patient, knowledgeable, organized).
- Collaborates across various teams including finance, accounting and IT.
- Team player who understands that the team must function as one voice.
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Data analytics – evaluate and compare including risk analysis.
- Negotiation and Procurement skills and tools.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Possible travel required.
- Office 365, Outlook and Oracle EBusiness.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Vacation/paid time off
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays