Summary: Work under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for purchasing specific commodities which are complex or company/customer designed in order to support production and related operating departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain competitive bids from reliable sources; analyze supplier operations to identify factors that affect price and determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
- Review and analyze proposals as necessary; develop new supplier sources who meet customer and company guidelines as necessary.
- Perform sensitive or intensive price negotiations; select appropriate suppliers.
- Use automated information systems to produce and track purchase orders and related documentation; monitor schedule and delivery dates.
- Resolve issues related to quantity, quality, and delivery and invoicing.
- Ensure adequate documentation is available to provide the necessary support for government audits.
- Maintain effective liaison with suppliers and necessary company operating departments to ensure adequate flow of information concerning progress of materials, anticipated delivery schedules, etc.
- Visit nationally/international supplier facilities as necessary.
- Evaluate supplier costs/pricing, delinquencies, quality, etc.
- Make recommendations for retention of elimination from approved supplier list. Identify problem areas/issues; recommend and/or take corrective action.
- Make presentations to company management as required.
- Train subordinate members of the department as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 years of related experience required to qualify.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- Broad knowledge of a specialized field such as procurement or contracts administration.
- Requires ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, etc.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently all applicants must be US citizens or US Permanent Residents (“green card holders”) and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).