As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutionsin all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Buyer reports to the Sr. Operations Manager and is responsible for performing purchasing/planning functions. The main objective is to ensure purchased material is on-time with the right quantity to meet demand, quality requirements at the lowest possible price.
- Responsible for the activities related to the timely, cost effective procurement of materials, parts, components, equipment goods and services.
- Manages day-to-day placement of purchase orders and ensures delivery of goods and services are in accordance with needs.
- Manages day-to-day business activities with suppliers.
- Responsible to follow and support purchase demand contracts and negotiated prices.
- Will support strategic programs for sourcing, cost reduction and supplier auditing.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to ensure that materials in the supply chain are available as scheduled and inventory are maintained at minimum acceptable levels.
- Monitors and reports out on department KPI’s.
- Involved in the purchase/price negotiations of material suppliers, equipment and services. Solicits bids, analyzes quotes, and selects/recommends suppliers.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors like end of life product, sole source constraint, geographic conditions and supplier consolidation.
- Demonstrates good judgement in selection methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Administers and complies with all Environmental, Health and Safety policy, procedures as set forth by Federal, State and company directives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with an ERP/MRP system, SAP experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the MS Windows Suite with an emphasis on MS Excel and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Lean Manufacturing Principles Knowledge a plus
- Must be a self-starter, exercise good judgment, have good decision-making, and communication skills.
- Strong background in a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced progressive manufacturing environment.
- Low cost country outsourcing and currency management experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience in pull systems, Kanban and JIT replenishment strategies.
- Technical buying experience is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required (preferably in Supply Chain Management, Business, or Engineering) with a minimum 5 years’ progressive experience in the field of procurement (preference: purchasing of mechanical, electronic components and assemblies).
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.