Manufacturer of baked goods seeks Buyer to ensure that appropriate inventory levels for production needs are maintained by ordering raw materials/ingredients and packaging. The Buyer will be part of a three person purchasing team (Director of Procurement, Senior Buyer and Buyer).
Essential Job Functions:
- Use MRP software and spreadsheets to monitor specific raw materials on a daily basis and order as needed to meet production demands.
- Create and process Purchase Orders in the ERP System
- Issue Purchase Orders to approved suppliers and follow up to ensure complete on time deliveries accompanied by all required paperwork.
- Manage inventory levels and purchase over 30 different purchased finished goods items for resale.
- Reconcile packaging suppliers custom packaging inventories against system generated blanket purchase order reports
- Keep supplier and ingredient documentation up-to-date including specification sheets, Kosher Certificates, MSDS sheets, Certificates of insurance and Third Party Audits.
- Purchase office supplies and some MRO supplies.
- Work closely with Shipping and Receiving to ensure POs are received into the EPR system correctly and in a timely manner
- Work directly with suppliers to solve any with issues with incomplete, out of spec or damaged deliveries
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Experience: Minimum 2 years of work experience in purchasing, inventory, warehousing, supply chain and logistics management, preferably in a food manufacturing operation or a closely related field
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Computer literate in Microsoft (MS) Office and Outlook with a strong understanding using and creating MS Excel spreadsheets, including formulas and data management. Experience using ERP inventory systems. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus.
- Be knowledgeable of purchase orders, receipts of goods, invoices and returns in accounting system; maintain purchasing and account records (inventory & vendor) in Excel spreadsheets, as well as other data entry into computer systems; analyze inventory flow and projections; research, verify and solve pricing discrepancies
- Possess the initiative, and good problem solving skills, to identify, anticipate and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Strong organizational skills to efficiently prioritize and plan work activities and time management
- Excellent professional communication skills, including ability to express well-reasoned, independent thought; natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organization levels and with external contacts
- Ability to work collaboratively across company departments. A multi-tasker that is detail-oriented, reliable, and highly organized
- Able to work independently and prioritize incoming vs. current tasks
- Be accurate, thorough and detail-oriented in monitoring your own work to ensure quality; apply feedback to improve performance
- Have the ability to practice a high level of confidentiality
- Possesses good judgment and an ability to analyze data and information in order to make effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to seek innovative approaches to resolving problems.
- Ability to adapt well to change and accept new projects, assignments, etc., as needed.
- Displays a commitment to results and accepts accountability for own performance.
- Ability to react to situations with strong sense of urgency.
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, have outstanding follow through, maintain composure under stress and be willing and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- PC Literate-Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS