ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
- Assist Manager or Senior Buyer with various tasks and assignments.
- Negotiate pricing and Order inventory parts using AS400/SAP min/max system.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and service levels related to inventory.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels to minimize costs.
- Responsible for complying with department goals related to purchasing terms.
- Assist clerical staff with stocking, and issuing.
- Ability to meet physical demands of job.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
2 to 4 Year College or technical school and 5 years related experience as a Buyer
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."