Vinyl Technology, Inc. has been a leading manufacturer of custom made plastic and industrial fabric products since 1981. Industries served range from military, the space program, medical to extreme sports. We are a family-owned company known for our incredible customer service and quality products.
We are currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our dynamic team in the city of Monrovia.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement, sourcing or contracting
- Experience in manufacturing and aerospace environment
- Purchasing knowledge of materials such as textiles and vinyl
- Skilled in the use of MRP system (EPICOR) preferred
- APICS certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management required
- Proven history of developing effective inventory management policies required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives and respond quickly to purchasing support requests from the various departments
- Must be able to simultaneously manage department employees and set priorities
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Experience with ISO quality management systems
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of respective department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Manage the purchasing department to achieve an efficient acquisition of material while maintaining inventory at levels that meet inventory planning goals.
- Develop and implement methods and process improvements that will advance the purchasing process for the purpose of efficiency, timeliness, and overall reduction of the total cost of material purchased.
- Provides support to production with the required material in a timely manner.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business.
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year.
- Create profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental budgets and goals.
- Proactively identifies improvements and supports/qualifies/sells ideas to management
- Develop and foster customer, supplier relationships, while continuing to increase understanding of customer needs.
- Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, EAP and 401(k) with match, paid vacation, and more!
To apply for the role of Senior Buyer, please submit a resume and salary history to:
Jackie Sanchez, Director of Human Resources
(626) 443-5257 ext 126
Vinyl Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran