At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
This position’s key responsibilities include the management of the internal ticketing system for procurement of goods and services, management of the Oracle Purchase Requisitions for procurement of goods and services and issuance of purchase orders for the enterprise including obtaining required quotes directly with the company’s suppliers/vendors.
How you will make an impact:
- Binds the company on significant purchases with consultation from management.
- Affects business operations to a substantial degree by financially committing the company to spend obligations.
- Manages JIRA tickets and issues purchase orders in iProcurement from the procurement approved list of vendors and items.
- Manages iProcurement purchase requisitions and issues purchase orders in iProcurement from the procurement approved list of vendors and items.
- Complies with all purchasing processes and policies and raises any out of process/policy concerns to management immediately.
- Where appropriate, utilizes PCard to make payments directly to vendors.
- Assists team with completing the receiving of goods against purchase orders in iProcurement per the Receiving Process for Purchase Orders.
- Acts as liaison for IT cellular or BYOD activities and will further assist with miscellaneous support items relating to JIRA, IT cellular, e-cycle and/or facilities matters.
- Assists Buyer 2/3 in bidding requirements for RFx processes.
- Manages the e-cycle of IT disposed items and reports the tracking of those assets.
- Assists team and management as needed with projects and process improvements.
What we look for:
- A high school diploma or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- Self-starter able to action against ticket deliverables, drives for results within service level agreements.
- Delivers best in class customer service (personable, adaptable, ambitious, patient, knowledgeable, organized).
- Collaborates across various teams including accounting and IT.
- Team player who understands that the team must function as one voice.
- Strong and clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Adherence to processes and policies.
- Decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Office 365, Outlook, Oracle EBusiness, JIRA ticketing.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance