Our Passion. Your Results.
Founded in 1959, Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
Purchases supplies and materials at the optimum terms to meet Company goals. Utilizing the output of Company's ERP system, interprets demand and insures appropriate order coverage for all material within their responsibility. Identifies new and alternative sources of supply. Prepares RFQs and performs supplier surveillance. Manages sources of supply through regular contact which may include teleconference, site visits and/or periodic formal reviews. Maintains systems and records to ensure accurate data in conformance to standard procedures. Assist management with all other supply issues as required.
- Works in conformance to relevant SOP's governing purchase order issue, modification, receipts, returns to vendor, record keeping and the approval of suppliers.
- Ensures that all material requirements for assigned items are covered with Purchase Orders, Contracts or Supply Agreements only with approved suppliers.
- Periodically reviews relevant systems output to issue new purchase orders or revise existing orders for assigned items.
- Performs all activities relating to the placing and revision of orders and systems maintenance and quality records therein related.
- Communicates with suppliers on all issues regarding price, quality or delivery requirements on a timely basis to minimize interruption in the supply chain.
- Insures all issues of supplier non-conformance are documented appropriately and that department management is made aware of any supplier related issue that could interrupt the supply chain or adversely affect Company financial performance.
- Acts as principal interface with Accounts Payable and Inventory Control to resolve errors and delays in paying invoices.
- Negotiates favorable pricing and terms with suppliers
- Regularly monitors ERP system and reconciles any inconsistencies
- Assist management with supply issues, ad-hoc projects, and reporting as required
Budget managed (if applicable) N/A
Internal Networking/Key relationships.
- To be determined based on department needs
Skills & Capabilities:
- Competent with MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel and MS Word
- Competent with SAP or similar ERP system
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- BS/BA degree, with minimum three years of related experience or five years related experience in lieu of a four year degree.
- Thorough understanding of traditional planning systems as well as continuous replenishment systems such as Kanban, consignment inventory and vendor managed inventory.
- Adequate knowledge of concepts related to the legal aspects of purchasing.
International Mobility: Required: no
Travel requirements: No
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV. Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution. We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.www.instrumentationlaboratory.com/ MB