The Buyer Planner position for Rocky Mountain Air Solutions is responsible for managing the order processing and inventory analysis for operations in coordination with strategic company goals. This role should minimize inactive inventory while assisting branches in meeting customer requirements for all purchasing related tasks. To meet our expectations for what this role can be, you will demonstrate thoughtful participation in the strategic development of business goals and action plans regarding the purchasing and managing of inventory. This is not a good role for someone who is driven to gain and possess “power.” You are part of the key decision team that works at RMA and should be seen as a leader.
As you will continuously monitor our daily operations with the goal to improve efficiencies and profitability by improving performance, we are looking for a logical, reliable, process and results-oriented individual who takes great pride in the work that they do. The Buyer Planner will push continuous improvement by identifying, implementing and monitoring key business metrics to drive our knowledge and handle on inventory turn data, dead inventory levels, consolidation of vendors, organization of branch inventory, and cycle counts. This person will ultimately hold us all accountable to meet customer inventory needs, increasing inventory turns and reducing inactive inventory.
Operating in 5 states with 17 branches, this is a leadership role and will come with the responsibility of leading RMA’s goal to maximize the inventory and purchasing function in the company. Translating the best practices of inventory management to management and assisting them in executing the aspects of their responsibilities that improve inventory turnover will be a key part of this role. We believe that the right person for this position will not accept excuses and will not coddle people. Instead, this person will use their interpersonal skills to deliver a more flawlessly dependable experience for our customers.
- Responsible for all hard good material ordering, auditing and analyzation of inventory levels.
- Develop profitable purchasing strategies based on timing, order minimums and freight charges while making sure inventory levels in branches and plants are maintained.
- Organize, plan and prioritize to accomplish efficient and cost reducing purchasing.
- Manage relationships with key suppliers to maintain quality of goods, and timely delivery in compliance with the terms of various contracts while always maintaining ethical standards set by the company.
- Review purchase order and contracts for conformance to Company policy. Review appropriate purchase orders for proper authorization.
- Work in tandem with team members from sales, customer service, operations and maintenance to create, communicate and implement best practices, processes, policies and standard operating procedures.
- 10% travel should be anticipated
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum two years inventory planning, forecasting and replenishment buying
- Intermediate computer skills with a working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) system, such as Oracle or SAP. Experience in P21 is preferred.
- A high attention to detail, good time management and impeccable organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a structured environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to lead in process adherence and growth in business sense
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must show excellent tenure on resume. We mean this. If you move a lot, don't apply.
Benefits: Health and dental, flexible benefits, 401K, life and long term disability insurance, vacation, sick days and holidays.
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off
- Vehicle Allowance
profit sharing, benefits, etc.