We are seeking a very aggressive Purchasing Agent whose experience and focus is in purchasing equipment, tools, raw materials and electrical components essential to the operation of a $40 mil volume manufacturing company. This position is responsible for tracking delivery of required materials to ensure timely deliveries and to evaluate vendor’s quotes and services.
- Material Procurement: soliciting bids and negotiating for the purchase of steel and components, expediting deliveries, and processing the required paperwork. This includes processing requisitions, researching products, clarifying specifications, entering purchase orders, selecting vendors, obtain proposals from appropriate suppliers; track delivery of materials to ensure on time delivery; and, be capable of determining total cost.
- MRP System Transactions: data entry, release and tracking of job orders and verification of inventor, allocations, WIP and job order issuances.
Candidates are desired to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience. A strong understanding of “value added” from our vendors is required. Candidates must be computer literate and have experience in Word, Excel, MRP, and manufacturing software. Ability to read and interpret B.O.M.’s and blueprints is required. Candidates must also have superb organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
We offer competitive wages as well as a world-class benefit package including group health, dental, life, LTD and 401k (with match) as well as a casual work environment.
If you want to be part of a winning team, and are self-motivated with the desire and drive to get the job done this could be the right position for you. Please apply on-line, including salary requirements.
Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
* Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
* Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
* Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
* Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
* Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
* Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
* Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
* Planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Vendor Relationships, Organization, Customer Service, Documentation Skills, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting, Control Engineering