Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Buyer based in Raleigh, NC.
Reporting to the Regional Purchasing Director of the South Region, this position will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical procurement support for the region, and local operations.
This is an exciting opportunity, with lots of opportunities to see and work with a wide range of people and transfer best practices to the position.
- Provide contract support for region’s purchasing activities.
- Initiates, develops, and negotiates goods and services agreements, and manages the contracts, as well as performing vendor research.
- Ensures compliance to purchasing agreements, policies and procedures.
- Takes a “hands on’ approach and actively participates in procurement processes with operations staff as a multi-disciplinary team.
- Manage and monitor vendor performance: commitments, delivery, cost, quality.
- Monitor and execute purchasing transactions in SAP.
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and appropriateness.
- Create purchase orders, scheduling agreements, and contracts.
- Work with Corporate and Regional purchasing.
- Identify vendors for e-procurement.
- Actively RFQ/tender for purchased utilizing Easy Supply tool.
- Assists with implementing purchasing policies, processes and strategic plans in line with corporate and region purchasing strategies and objectives.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the region/area.
- University or College degree in technical, economic, financial or business field preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in purchasing and contract management in a manufacturing/production and/or construction environment.
- Proficient in SAP -ECC 6.0 MM module (source of supply, purchasing info records, MRP, purchase orders, contracts, etc.).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written skills and the ability to build relationships and work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple independent projects as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office 2000 applications.