Job ID: req327
Facility: Frederick: Ft Detrick
Location: PO Box B, Frederick, MD 21702 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is dedicated to improving human health through discovery and innovation in the biomedical sciences, focusing on cancer, AIDS, and emerging infectious diseases.
The C&A Purchasing Department is responsible for the following activities in support of the Frederick National Laboratory: acquisition of goods and services, equipment maintenance and repair, fleet service and training for program areas in the use of ERP systems.
- Responsible for independently procuring and contracting for a wide variety of commercial commodities and services of a high dollar value, risk and complexity
- Provide a full range of contracting duties ranging from acquisition planning to contract award including, researching and preparing specifications for the purpose of facilitating competition, negotiating terms and conditions, and analyzing bids for specification compliance, price, delivery commitments and past performance
- Ensure compliance standards are followed for file preparation, maintenance and full documentation requirements.
- Focus of this position will be the solicitation, negotiation and award
of service maintenance agreements for lab and office equipment; as well as the
procurement of Lab and Office Equipment.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) in a related field (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- In addition to educational requirements, a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible procurement and/or contracting experience including one (1) year at the buyer level or equivalent
- Experience processing and completing highly complex purchase orders and contracts
- Ability to develop contract modifications, investigate contract discrepancies and exercise contract options
- Ability to provide full life cycle management of commercial contracts and orders ranging from reviewing the purchase request or statement of work to managing the executed unilateral or bilateral contract
- Experience negotiating terms and conditions for contracts
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of procurement processes and strategic supplier management
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a clearance
- Experience with or in support of a government contracting office
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Maximo
- Experience overseeing purchasing staff
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) | Drug Free Workplace (DFW)