ADS, Inc is currently seeking a Buyer to work out of our corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA.
Purchase all items for ADS from assigned vendors typically will work with preferred vendors.
- Buyer will be expected to make decisions on approving and placing purchase orders up to $400,000.
- Must be able to manage intricate supplier requirements, minimums, terms and conditions
- Review all POs to guard against duplication, pricing errors, or other issues
- Typically manage 1000-3000 PO lines at any given point.
Manage promise dates and delivery timelines.
- Responsible for obtaining tracking information and advising Sales should delays arise.
- Required to obtain & communicate tracking/transit details on all rush orders.
- Responsible for determining whether an order is to be cancelled based upon customer "need by" requirements and supplier communications.
- Make recommendations to Category Managers if suppliers are habitually late
Coordinate & track resolutions for problem orders.
- Communicate item/supply issues to Sales.
- Must be able to develop relationships with Sales and Suppliers in order to facilitate solutions
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce) to provide transparency with all communication and concerns with purchase orders/vendors.
- Resolve vendor PO non-conformance issues in a timely manner to ensure disruption to the customer is minimized.
Develop relationships with assigned vendors to ensure the best possible service and product/ process quality is maintained.
Act as liaison between suppliers and Accounts Payables to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Minimum 2 years of Purchasing and/or Customer Service experience in a non-call center environment
- 2 years' experience in Microsoft Office applications with a focus on Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- ADS experience may be substituted at manager's discretion
- Prior experience in Oracle is a plus
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter with excellent communication, attention to detail, organizational skills and proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Please note: all individuals accepting a position in Purchasing are expected to make a 1 year commitment and will not be allowed to apply for internal transfer without approval from the Purchasing Manager.
ADS believes that a diverse work environment leads to bigger thinking and more creative solutions to our customers problems and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identification, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic. We strive to represent our community with a workforce diverse in gender and ethnicity. We actively seek out veterans and the disabled for opportunities at ADS.