The Tactical Defense Systems Group supports the United States Air Force in many mission areas that include air vehicle survivability, the vulnerability of USAF aircraft to weapons systems, electronic countermeasures and air surveillance for homeland defense. In support of these efforts, the group operates airborne and ground-based testbeds composed of state of the art instrumentation and sensors. Odyssey Systems requires one full-time C++ Software Design Engineer to assist with software development to implement and support interface and control of these sensors, as well as the implementation of data processing and recording algorithms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Support is required to design and write C++ software to interface with various hardware devices and implement data processing algorithms. The candidate will create C++ code to interface with hardware to include but not limited to gimbals, cameras, environmental control and data acquisition systems using a number of industry standard protocols; and implement data and image processing algorithms designed in MATLAB.
Responsibilities also include assisting with the verification of developed software and developing both software and hardware testing infrastructure. In addition to laboratory testing, some local field-testing may be required.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance
• MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience
• C++ programming experience, C++11 minimum
• Experience implementing and debugging software-hardware interfaces
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented design principals
• Working knowledge of Linux and Linux based development
• Experience with modern build systems ( CMake ) and version control (git )
• Experience with multithreaded programming
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience with agile development and continuous integration work flows
• Experience with QT
• Working knowledge of MATLAB
• Experience with OpenCV or other computer/machine vision tool kits
• Experience with interfacing to GigE Vision based hardware
• Experience with embedded programming
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.