Senior C4I Technician – Atlas Technologies, a rapidly expanding company supporting the US Military and other Government entities, is seeking a passionate, flexible, highly motivated team player to join our group of Information Technology professionals.
USCG Senior Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) Subject Matter Expert (SME) position located in Charleston, SC supporting SPAWAR Atlantic Integrated Product Team (IPT). Work shall be performed by DoDD 8570.01/ DoDD 8140.01-certified personnel on Coast Guard C4ISR Systems. These systems include, but are not limited to, the US Coast Guard’s Shipboard Command and Control System (SCCS), Coast Guard Command and Control System (CG-C2), SeaWatch, Shore-based Intelligence and C2 Systems, Maritime Security Cutter Large (WMSL), High Endurance Cutter (WHEC), Medium Endurance Cutter (WMEC), Fast Response Cutter (FRC), Offshore Patrol Cutters (OPC) and Polar Ice Breakers (PIB).
This role will serve as an Installation Engineer and Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of the Automated Digital Network System (ADNS) and Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) to include Red Hat Linux servers, VMWare ESX / VSphere software, Cisco routers, Cisco Switches and Riverbed WAN Optimizers. Successful candidate(s) will work and collaborate in a multivendor environment with Industry and Government counterparts to load, configure and troubleshoot system and software issues for our Government customers.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Support and Perform ADNS and CANES Readiness Assessments (RA)
- Support and Perform ADNS and CANES System Operability Verification Tests (SOVT)
- Analyze and Evaluate C4I USCG issues and provide direction and guidance with following systems but not limited to:
- Automated Digital Network System (ADNS), Afloat and Ashore
- Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES)
- Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Networks
- Naval Modular Automated Communications System (NAVMACS)
- Common User Digital Information Exchange Subsystem (CUDIXS)
- Combined Enterprise Regional Information Exchange System Maritime (CENTRIXS-M)
- Ship's Signal Exploitation Equipment (SSEE Increment E & F)
- Extremely High Frequency (EHF)
- Provide oversight and direction for other C4ISR SME’s within USCG IPT scope of work
- Work with government and industry partners on scheduling and planning
- Be able perform capture management on USCG C4ISR opportunities and discuss plan of action
- Support back fit and modernization efforts for ADNS and CANES upgrades
- Work closely with SPAWAR Atlantic Sustainment and Acquisition government leads with requirements and schedules
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must possess a Department of Defense (DoD) TS/SCI level Security Clearance
- Support SPAWAR Atlantic USCG IPT in San Diego, CA
- Attend multiple scheduled meetings on a regular basis
- Relevant experience in a DoD or DHS environment is a plus
- Possess the ability to multi-task and balance multiple goals and priorities.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- Ability to work with others in a highly-collaborative environment
- Express ideas clearly and diplomatically
- Work efficiently and proactively without constant supervision
- Possess passion for providing a great user experience
- BA/BS in Information Systems Technology OR AA/AS and 5 years of IT Service Operations experience.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification or CCNA Security or Comptia Linux +Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) (Windows 7/Windows Server 2008R2) is a plus
Atlas Technologies, Inc. is an innovative provider of leading edge Information Technology (IT) solutions to Government and industry partners. Our primary focus and experience covers network integration, cybersecurity, software development, engineering, and management.
Atlas takes pride in our highly experienced and driven employees who share our Core Values and our Vision of merging technology with integrity to create a positive impact for our clients, community and country.
Atlas offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holidays, 401k, Education Assistance, Charitable Matching, Pet Insurance, Flex Time, Employee Recognition and Ancillary Benefits.
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us on Facebook and Glassdoor to learn more about Atlas.