Region or market subject matter expert (SME) for OSP Construction and Maintenance teams. Manages and leads efforts that support construction standards, design viability, cutover processes, and Proof of Performance reporting. SME called upon to assist with difficult technical issues presented to Construction and Maintenance teams. Leads and assists in critical construction projects that result in improved network quality and productivity performance. Serves as technical lead and SME for planned significant network construction events and cutovers. Trains and/or assists in Planner/Construction Specialist training of construction practices, new initiatives, technologies, and processes. Supports enterprise initiatives and is POC for Center teams on key technical issues and initiatives.
- Responsible for development and oversight of NT 2.0 Cutover and Activation processes as well as planned significant construction events.
- Develops, reviews, and implements cutover sheet for each node migration.
- Partner in region to complete Proof of Performance testing for NT 2.0 activations including node certifications.
- Responsible for compiling and reporting Proof of Performance testing as it relates to NT 2.0 Construction contractor projects.
- Manages and maintains construction power supply design and implementation processes.
- Provides key technical data and reports that assists leaders in directing work force.
- Becomes SME on new technologies to assist in ensuring department knowledge current.
- Assists in troubleshooting complex issues related to N+0 network and design.
- Coordinates / leads projects as directed.
- Partners with adjoining organizations (MTC/Field/DOCSIS) to ensure trouble resolution processes are effective and serve NPS.
- Analyzes varied statistical data for trending the performance of the N+0 network per N+0 architecture.
- Develops methods and procedures and may provide training to the Field Network Technician workforce and OSPC.
- Coordinates directly with OSPM, OSPC and Divisional Engineers on Regional N+0 Performance.
- Creates and implements internal processes that are critical to the performance of the N+0 network.
- Proactively identifies ways to improve processes and procedures; makes recommendations to management
- Knowledge of N+0 and HFC networks including RF/Optical infrastructure
- Knowledge of current fiber technologies as deployed by Cox
- Expert level knowledge of work tools and test equipment: TnC Diagnostics, signal level meters, signal leakage, GNIS, N+0 Status Monitoring, Reverse path monitoring, RFI Meter, Spectrum Analyzer, TDR/ OTDR
- Working knowledge of office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VISIO, Adobe, MS Office, Sharepoint, Data Base Reporting (OBIEE)
- 5+ years of experience in related field (i.e. Construction, Engineering, Technical Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree).
- Certifications: NRS II, CCNA, JNCIA, NESC , NEC
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
- Experience in telecommunications infrastructure construction
- Participation in SCTE and related certifications.
- Project management experience
- Data analysis recommendation
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-CA-Foothill Ranch-27121 Towne Centre Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing