Welcome to Pathways of California’s career website! If you are passionate about helping others and enthusiastic about your future, we want you to join our team!
WE ARE GROWING IN KERN COUNTY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE PLEASE CONTACT US! for further information on locations.
Pathways also known as College Community Services is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as Full-Time Program Director. This position includes a sign on bonus and possible relocation fee.
Responsible for all aspects of the administration and clinical operations of one or more mental health programs including development and adherence to annual budget. Responsibilities include the hiring, development and performance management of support and professional staff and ensuring mental health treatment services are provided in concert with the policies, procedures, and government rules and regulations for the program(s).
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field
- Must possess a current, valid California license as a LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, Ph.D, or Psy.D. and able to practice independently at the highest level possible. Licensed for two years preferred to provide CA BBS supervision to pre-licensed staff
- Proof of: valid CA driver’s license, valid auto insurance coverage
- Proof of education are required.
- Prior behavioral health experience preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Responsible for delivery of professional mental health services and all aspects of the administration and clinical operations of a program
- Ensures clinical and administrative compliance with all program activities; while developing and implementing plans to continually meet productivity and profitability
- Responsible for ensuring the Quality Assurance, Compliance, and Chart Audits of the program(s)
- Supports and facilitates Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement protocols, including frequent collaboration with QA/QI Director and program management in monitoring standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
- Supervises the delivery of mental health services within the program, which includes the supervision of the intake process and completion of appropriate management of case records to ensure documentation meets Company and government standards
- Responsible for recruitment/selection process, leadership and professional development, assignment of duties, approval of leave requests and expenses, performance management/reviews and personnel actions, and serving as resource for consultation and/or reviews or recommends merit and promotional salary increases for staff
- Develops and presents for approval, annual budget for program or region, and prepares/provides executive management with periodic financial forecasts and reports as required; Prepares financial, budget, statistical and other reports as required by senior management
- Ensures program meets fiscal requirements and monitors expenditures and revenue production
- Leads and actively participates in planning, management, administrative, staff and client meetings and training activities
- Communicates and coordinates services with other departments and vendors as applicable
- May carry own caseload providing mental health and case management services
- Responsible for all licensure and certifications as required by staff and programs to effectively and legally conduct business operations
- Promotes services and training activities in the community including presentations and consultations
- Develops and maintains a collaborative relationship with state and/or county/community officials
- Participates and represents agency or the Company professionally at county/community meetings
- Ensures program(s) are operating according to the Company’s policies and procedures, applicable professional standards, laws, rules and regulations
- Consults with clinical staff on treatment plans as required, approvals and may participate in emergency situations and crisis intervention
- Responsible for ensuring and understanding the administrative functioning of his/her programs
- Will work a flexible schedule outside of business hours, weekends and available beyond office work hours should the need arise or to support the program(s) and leadership; may handle on-call and/or after hours crisis calls or hotline as necessary to support staff, client, and program
- Attends and participates in meetings as directed by Regional Director
- Ensure compliance and contractual obligations are met and to minimize any disallowances; provides on-site training to support staff in meeting workload requirements
- Report program concerns, as outlined in policy and procedures, in a timely manner to the Clinical and/or Regional Director and assist in disseminating information to and from the staff
- Assures that management decisions are implemented in a positive and timely manner
- May participate in the development and review of RFPs, RFIs, grants, and/or RFQs
- Completes monthly, quarterly, and all other reports in a timely manner
- Maintain and ensures HIPAA, ethical standards/code of conduct and professional boundaries with all staff and clients; provides on-site supervision and training to ensure standards are met
- Commitment to the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Values; representing actions that defines the overall philosophy and objectives of all duties performed in accordance with Company’s mission, vision, and value. Ability to interpret and expect the same with all staff
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to support the program and/or the Company
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.