South Shore Millwork is New England's premier, luxury architectural millwork provider. We serve the high-end residential and commercial construction markets, and we specialize in custom millwork projects. All of our work is produced in our newly expanded woodwork shop, located in Norton, Massachusetts.
Are you getting tired of making the same thing, over and over?
Do you want to be more creative and learn more skills while you work?
Would you like to work in an amazing shop that is 100% solar powered, is climate controlled and even has a dust collection system?
South Shore Millwork may be just what you are looking for...
- Most of our projects are custom, so we can be creative, learn and increase our skills every day!
- We have amazing employees that are some of the industry's most sought-after professionals!
- We work in a climate-controlled woodwork shop with state of the art machines and tools!
- We also have incredible benefits! This includes Health insurance that is 90% company paid, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
We are currently seeking an experienced Cabinet Maker to add to our team!
Position Summary: The Cabinet Maker sets up and operates a variety of woodworking machines and uses various tools to fabricate and repair wooden Cabinets and high-grade furniture. Responsible for the construction and maintenance of cabinets, tables, shelves, desks, bookcases, bulletin boards, chairs, and other wooden equipment and fixtures. The Cabinet Maker studies blueprints or shop drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired, and plans sequence of cutting, shaping operations to be performed. All work is inspected for quality, compliance, SSM specifications and instructions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Marks outline or dimensions of parts on paper or stock according to blueprints or drawing specifications
- Ensures material match for color, grain or texture
- Sets up and operate woodworking machines (power saws, joiner, mortise, tenoner, molder, shaper, etc) to cut and shape parts
- Lays out material, machinery, and assembly requirements
- Studies blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed
- Trims component parts of joints to ensure snug fit using hand tools, planes, chisels, wood files, etc.
- Bored holes for insertion screws or dowels by hand or using boring machines
- Glues, fits, and clamps parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamp machine
- Drives nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints
- Sands and scrapes surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing
- Installs hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls
- May fabricate special or corresponding wooden parts and components
- Inspects equipment and tools for wear and tear, reporting condition found to supervisory personnel
- Ensures quality of craftsmanship at all times
- Maintains productivity, performance levels, reliability and initiative
- Performs other related duties and tasks as directed
- Working knowledge of the practices, materials, and tools of cabinet making and working with solid wood.
- Understanding and adherence to safety requirements and standards of the trade.
- Skill in setting up and using cabinetry tools and equipment.
- Skill in performing precision work with either hand or machine tools.
- Ability to build projects using various joinery techniques and rail construction.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches and diagrams.
- Ability to initiate and complete projects with limited supervision.
- Ability to work and interact well with co-workers and other SSM staff and vendors.
- Ability follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- May include the ability to perform mathematical operations.
- Requires the ability to exercise judgment and decisiveness.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, vocational HS preferred.
- 5+ Years of experience as a cabinet maker; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Prior experience in custom cabinet making (non-commercial), utilizing various types of wood and non-laminate materials.