Cable Installer/ Installer Supervisor
The cable installer will work with the Project Manager to ensure that the project is proceeding according to the construction schedule, that the work completed meets the established quality standards.
- Read and interpret architectural designs and schematics.
- Lay various types of cables and install related equipment according to design plans.
- Terminate cables, execute vertical cable runs and drops, create outlets and test installation.
- Installation experience in new high-rise construction.
- Experience with UTP, low voltage, fiber optic, POE, etc.
- Experience with network devices (Access points, access controls, cameras, complex networks, etc.)
- Ability to install, configure, program, troubleshoot, all associated equipment.
- Ability to observe, collect, and document relevant information.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, comprehend issues related to construction scheduling.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and regularly with team members.
- Cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of using diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system failure
- Fluent English and Spanish
- Installer preferred 2 years of construction-related experience
- Supervisor preferred 5 years of construction-related experience
The employer is a significant property developer in Miami offering a competitive salary, full medical, accrued vacation days, and 401k matching.
Cable Technician / Installer