Long Lines Broadband is currently seeking a Service Technician to join our team. Our Service Technicians provide customer support and maintenance to broadband customers in their homes and businesses.
- Install, disconnect, connect, upgrade, downgrade, make changes, troubleshoot and repair customer provided services at residential and commercial locations
- Maintain broadband system by testing to locate trouble, opening cable to replace or repair defective sections and closing or sealing cable
- Educate customers in the services being provided and the proper use of equipment, propose solutions, and describes advantages of and sells additional services
- Maintain an appropriate and professional image of the company through appearance, demeanor, driving habits, and interactions with customers
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Valid and Clean Driver's License
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work as part of an on-call schedules every 3 weeks
- Able to troubleshoot and repair customer products/services using knowledge of plant distribution and customer equipment operation
- Able to locate and mark underground services utilizing test equipment, prints, and data base mapping software
- Knowledge and experience working with electronics, DC power, and fiber optic equipment
- Able to work independently and plan to complete projects
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes or other measuring devices
- Able to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires/cables
- Ability to work in tight spaces including attics, crawl spaces, cabinets, utility closets, and telco rooms
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with all OSHA, FCC, NEC, and local ordinances.
Careers at Long Lines Broadband offer a full range of benefits, including group health & dental insurance, 401(k) program with company match, generous PTO program, a company wellness program, employer paid short and long term disability, and more!