We are currently hiring Cable Technicians with 5 years of experience in a commercial environment. Candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP as we have an immediate need throughout the Bay area. Qualified candidates will send an updated resume for consideration. Interviews are currently underway.
Cable Technician Duties:
- Pulling and routing CAT 5 or CAT 6 cable in a new construction commercial environment
- Terminating phone jacks and dressing and terminating distribution frames (66 or 110 blocks, patch panels)
- Installing support structures (ladders, racks, j-hooks)
- CCTV, conduit work are a plus.
- Access Control and security are a plus.
- Must know how to read a floor plan.
- Fiber optic cabling in new and existing commercial environments.
- Access control is a plus
Cable Technician Qualifications:
- Familiarity with BICSI, EIA, TIA, or NEC Standards
- Experience running or bending conduit, with digital multi-meters, and testing cable
- Troubleshooting all area in the telecommunication field
- Rack and stack work, closet work, putting together server racks, patch panels
- Fiber experience including Anaerobic Terminations, SC and LC Connectors, and Splicing
- Ability to read and understand schematic and line diagrams
- Your own basic telecom tools including punch downs, snips, wire strippers, cordless drill, PPE (safety gear), etc.
- Must know CCTV, and security are a huge plus
- Must consent to a pre-employment background and drug screen
Cable Technician Compensation:
- Option to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Starting pay depending on experience
- bi-Weekly Pay
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $30.00 /hour