Cabling Operations Manager
Vice President of Administration
November 5, 2019
The Lead Installer is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining voice, security and/or data cabling required for installation of AMS.Net projects.
- Serves as a coach to installers and apprentices to share knowledge and skills as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with both internal and external customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Prepares weekly safety report, daily project update reports and personnel documents as necessary (time cards, expense reports, vacation requests, etc.).
- Addresses customer complaints and/or sensitive issues in a professional manner by working to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Follows all AMS.NET safety policies and procedures as written.
- Manages cabling projects so they will be completed on time and on budget.
- Coordinates with Cabling Operations Manager and Project Managers to ensure both know the status of the project and are aware of any unique circumstances or issues with the installation.
- Communicates with Project Managers to ensure they are informed on status of projects.
- Ability to complete reports correctly.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Professional customer service skills including use of the telephone in a courteous manner.
- Knowledge of low voltage wiring
- Ability to understand technical information
- Understanding of network standards and maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot technical networks
- Ability to recognize and handle hazardous materials appropriately and according to best practices.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot voice, security or data cabling problems
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college work preferred
- 5 yrs work experience in telcom or other technical field
- Manufacturer certifications as appropriate
Special Physical Demands
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladder
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Pre-employment background check required
- Valid California driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Automobile with car insurance
- State Exam License