Textile Graphic Designer – Home
J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
JCPenney, one of the nation's largest apparel and home furnishings retailers, combines an expansive footprint of approximately 875 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico with a powerful e-commerce site, jcpenney.com, to connect shoppers how, when and where they prefer to shop. At every customer touchpoint, she will get her Penney’s worth of a broad assortment of products from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Powering this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of over 100,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company’s three strategic priorities of strengthening private brands, becoming a world-class Omnichannel retailer and increasing revenue per customer. We're looking for motivated, talented individuals who can emerge as Warriors in our organization.
The Textile Graphic Designer creates original graphic designs, illustrations, drawings and/or patterns for assigned lines. Manages the textile graphic design process for Retail and Direct (as assigned) to ensure the interpretation of design direction meets the desired concept, as well as the Product Development seasonal timetable, and that designs are executed as planned in the manufacturing of initial and production samples.
- Integrates hand and computer skills to create and prepare original textile graphics designs, illustrations, prints and/or patterns exclusive to the Company for assigned brands.
- Researches new trends and textile/graphic patterns and recommends textile/graphic design direction to Product Designers each season.
- Researches, develops, and recommends color combinations and accent colors to Designers each season and reviews pattern, color, repeat and line quality execution for assigned area using strike-off approval process or 3D application.
- Prepares presentations for review of seasonal product textile/graphic design concepts and pattern work, including illustrations or sketches of graphic design.
- Develops and recommends pattern flow by merchandise delivery for assigned area.
- Provides technical expertise on ability to execute various types of textile/graphic design on various fabrications and materials. Uses newly developing art techniques and design technology to enhance skills and abilities in creating original, saleable, textile/graphic designs.
- Creates presentation boards for seasonal meeting and addresses specific art related issues as needed.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Four-year art degree or equivalent business experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in the textile graphic design industry, creating more fashionable/complex patterns and textile/graphic designs requiring seasonal updates and high design capabilities, both artistically and with computer.
- Communication, organizing work, building relationships.
- Advanced use of the most current graphic design software and hardware.
- Knowledgeable of trend right applications and screen methods.
- A strong knowledge of materials, fabrics and related manufacturing processes.
- Strong creative, artistic and aesthetic skills, and ability to integrate those with product needs.
- Strong sketching and trending ability, a plus.
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include Concentra health clinic, Walgreens pharmacy, Bright Horizons daycare and preschool, full cafeteria services, Subway, Starbucks,
a 24-hour fitness center and free garage parking.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
REQ ID: 1081602