Rainbow Design Services is a leading provider of network engineering, field services, and GIS mapping services in the telecommunications industry. Due to an increase in workload, Rainbow Design Services is seeking full-time CAD drafters for entry level, 2nd shift positions (Mon-Fri 4:00pm - 12:30am).
The entry-level Drafter is responsible for completing a range of drafting assignments under the direction of the Production Supervisor. Main job duties include digitizing strand, poles, and road base as needed for all assigned projects, as well as performing QC checks on all completed work and maintaining accurate records. Applicants with strong organizational skills and computer literacy (Windows OS) will be considered.
CAD experience is preferred but not required for this position. Rainbow Design Services provides paid training to entry-level drafters in various CAD programs.
JOB TITLE: Drafter I
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
SALARY: $14/hour + benefits
HOURS: Full Time, Mon-Fri 4:00PM – 12:30AM (with occasional overtime)
- Utilize various CAD software (Bentley, Spatial, AutoCAD) to re-draft strand, poles, base, and text as dictated by source map
- Adhere to project specifications set forth by customer
- Perform quality control checks on all completed maps to ensure accuracy and overall aesthetic presentation
- Monitor status of assignments and update supervisor of daily progress
- Other duties as assigned
- AutoCAD or MicroStation experience preferred
- Ability to interpret schematics, source prints, and other field work
- Strong Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Effective record keeping and document management skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- English fluency
BENEFITS & COMPANY CULTURE
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Training
- Tuition Assistance / Discount
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Group Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental / Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal Days
- Company-Provided Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym Membership Discount
In addition to these exciting benefits, Rainbow Design Services provides a casual dress code, team-oriented work environment, and ample opportunities for growth. Apply today if you are interested in the position and meet the qualifications!
Submit a resume to be considered for this position, or visit our website for application instructions.
+ full benefits