Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest Information Technology Staffing Firm is currently supporting an Entry Level Electrical Drafting Technician position based in Morristown, NJ. We are seeking someone who has 3-7 years of drafting experience, with knowledge of Microstation and AutoCAD.
**If interested please contact Christina Tom at email@example.com**
Our client, one of the nation’s top engineering, construction, and consulting firms, are expanding their resources. We have exciting new opportunities for experienced and motivated industry professionals in the Morristown, NJ area in our Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Group for an Electrical Drafting Technician. The Drafter will report to the T&D Cadd Section Manager and work closely with the Morristown Engineering team to provide technical drafting support for assigned Substation projects. This role requires the ability to support multiple projects and to prioritize work assignments. This position will be responsible for an array of challenging assignments including the drafting of engineering deliverables on multiple complex utility projects alongside engineering staff.
The Drafter position will require strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to function in a team environment. The preferred Candidate will have working knowledge of electrical diagrams as well as physical layouts in the Substation field. Responsibilities include revising existing drawings and preparing drawings of basic components from explicit verbal or written instructions or detailed sketches. This position successfully plots drawings; learns and follows company and client drafting standards and procedures; learns the practices of a selected discipline. Other duties as assigned. This exciting opportunity will provide for continued professional growth as a part of our established mentorship programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply client standards to drafting activities.
- Work with vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Microstation is a must!
- Maintain current knowledge of design and drafting procedures.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy prior to submitting for engineering review.
- Provide an accurate accounting of time spent on projects.
The duties described above are the general nature and level of work to be performed, but is not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required for the position. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification.
- Associate's degree in computer aided drafting and design desirable
- Mid-level position (Five to 10 years of professional drafting experience).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Mastered basic commands of at least one type of CAD system (ability to occasionally use higher-level commands, timesaving programs and routines).
- Highly-motivated and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Possesses strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with clear expectations and timelines, and to prioritize work.
- Ability to take direction from and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in the organization in a team environment.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178