Are you a highly motivated drafting individual who aspires to join a dedicated in-house CAD/BIM Team? Would you like to gain hands-on experience in Drafting in the Construction Industry?
If you are looking for a career as a Computer Drafting & Design Technician and would like to be part of a high functional CAD/Revit team for a leading Mechanical Contractor in Southern California, then this opportunity is for you!!
The internship is a great opportunity�to understand what it takes to work with and support a Mechanical Design team with the creation and management of�AutoCAD drawings�and�Revit Models.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?�
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager and BIM Manager, you will have the opportunity to apply your drafting expertise on such typical duties as:
- 2D & 3D drafting using AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, & Revit MEP
- Generate 2D or 3D CAD drawings from hand drawings and/or sketches
- Work with BIM Manager to test drafting procedures and document final drafting processes
- Help maintain and update Company Standards documentation
- Other works as assigned by the Engineering Manager and BIM Manager
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM?��
- In pursuit of a degree in Drafting & Design / Equivalent Degree or experience
- Excellent understanding of CAD programs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction, ask questions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with others in team environments
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and strong desire to succeed
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regular & routine attendance, this is a part-time position.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS�in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY�you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
- INNOVATION�although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
- STRONG APTITUDE�for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE�ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT�possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Do you have what it takes? Click the�START YOUR APPLICATION�link below and submit your resume. Once you�ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences matches our needs, you�ll be hearing from us by phone or email.�
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects.� ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems.�Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our�ABOUT US�section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. �We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO�will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.