While working with Design Team members the CAD Specialist will utilize various CAD software to create construction or manufacturing design drawing sets. The ideal candidate will participate in the design process from concept to completion.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of general construction basics, document management: printing and publishing drawings.
- Able to communicate with Project Managers, Engineers and other designers.
- Able to problem solve and willing to learn.
- Strong written, verbal, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred, minimum of three years of experience in a professional environment.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2017 or above.
- Knowledge of electrical drafting symbols and electrical construction basics.
- Exposure to Xrefs and layer control, sheet sets.
- Minimum of three years 3D modeling experience using parametric modeling software including the ability to create and work within large assemblies
- Proficient in Revit 2017 or above
- Knowledge of manufacturing design practices and symbology
- Able to create top level and intermediate assembly drawings and Bills of Materials
- Regularly sit, stand, and walk for long and short distances.
- Required to hear with or without correction to be able to interpret and receive information and directions.
- Regularly required to communicate: verbal and written, in order to describe and explain detailed, important, and accurate instructions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move material up to 25lbs.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
Primary responsibilities of the CAD Specialist include and are not limited to:
- Complete drawings based on mark-ups, design criteria or As-Built drawings.
- Work within established standards, and support ongoing improvement efforts.
- Assist and work with other department members, offering flexibility.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and due dates.
- Operate and reload printers and plotters.