Straumann partners with passionate people who fit in with the agile dynamics of our size-for-success company. People at Straumann appreciate the opportunity to shape the future and create impact. Encouraging leadership and inspiring ideas from our people have guided us through our proud history of pioneering innovations.
This position is responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of high speed capital manufacturing equipment critical to the business of the Straumann CADCAM Production Center, Arlington, TX. It handles the day-to-day evaluation of operating conditions of the milling machines and equipment, coordinates required maintenance, performs analysis of equipment status needed to avoid unplanned down time. In the case of unplanned down time the individual sources parts and performs repairs needed to put the plant back on line. High analytical skills and ability to work unsupervised is required
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assists with daily production operation including operation of milling machines and related equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on production machines and equipment according to Good Manufacturing Practices/ISO compliance.
- Maintains an inventory of spare parts for production machinery and equipment.
- Participates in installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Performs electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting and repairs in response to equipment errors or failures.
- Disassembles, assembles, and adjusts equipment according to established plans, manuals, blueprints, or drawings and makes updates to documents as required.
- Keeps records of equipment performance and problems according to GMP/ISO requirements.
- Develops and writes procedures to ensure quality output from the equipment within GMP/ISO compliance.
- Documents machine-parts and locates local vendors.
- Assists Management in planning facilities repair, space reallocation, renovation and remodeling.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of five years of experience in facility and CNC (or equivalent high speed equipment with low down time requirement) machine operations and maintenance.
- General knowledge of the tools, methods, and practices used in electrical/mechanical repair and maintenance of production equipment.
- General communication and organization skills.
- In depth knowledge of various manufacturing machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Significant experience application of measuring instruments and tools.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- General office environment and manufacturing environment.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools.
- Requires moderate to heavy lifting.
- Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.