Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
From airport master plan development to new runway design, Michael Baker International knows the business of airports - from the smallest general aviation facilities to the busiest international airports in the world. For more than 75 years, we have provided planning, design, and construction services to airports worldwide, serving as an on-call "extension of staff" to many of our aviation clients. Michael Baker's award-winning personnel have a reputation for taking their understanding of the local airport community / environment and incorporating related elements into their designs and plans. Knowing that airports are a key economic driver and source of pride for the geographic areas they serve, we proudly perform as partners in more than facilities and other infrastructure. We partner in success.
Michael Baker is actively seeking a CADD Tech III to join our Linthicum, Maryland office as part of our Aviation Design Team. The CADD Tech III will work with our aviation, architects and engineers in formulation and delivery of aviation-related design services, and to develop preliminary and final technical analyses conducted for various client-driven assignments. This may include creation and delivery of technical drawings, layouts, maps, charts, and designs using computer-aided design techniques and equipment.
This CADD Tech III position requires skillsets and self-reliance to undertake and complete CADD-related assignments and activities that would include, but would not be limited to the following:
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired.
- Inks in lines and letters on pencil drawings as required.
- Draws charts for representation of statistical data.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Applies standard drafting/design principles and theories to complete assignments.
- Uses computer assisted drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Compiles data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparations of drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year Associates Degree in related field.
- 5 years of experience using Autodesk AutoCAD.
- 5 years of experience using Autodesk Revit or other 3D modeling platform.
- Familiar with basic elements of building modeling and construction practices.
- Experience in creating and managing construction documents.
- Robust knowledge with Airport design and aviation related projects, such as runways, taxiways, aprons, hangars, vertical architecture, and land-side improvements.
- Strong Willingness to learn / work cross discipline.
- Desired proficiency with the following computer applications: AutoDesk Revit, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Organized with great time management skills.
- Ability to follow standards given on project startup.
- Work closely with other aviation designer/drafters, architects and engineers to ensure coordinated design.
- Read and understand orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs.
- Willingness to confidently interact and collaborate with client, when appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.