This position is located in Kent, WA
Performs general food preparation in addition to preparing menu items and specials for breakfast and lunch. This position will also help with serving and clean-up tasks in the Manheim Auto Auction Restaurant and Snack Bar facilities with addition to assisting as short order line cook.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, there are other additional duties that may be associated with this position, which can be assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Food preparation: general preparation of foods to be further processed or cooked, including washing, peeling, cutting or processing under the direction of Supervisor Restaurant or Group Leader Restaurant.
- Cooking: all purpose food cooking including boiling, steaming, baking, roasting, sautéing, broiling, poaching, frying and deep frying, and grilling as directed by Supervisor Restaurant or Group Leader Restaurant, when needed.
- Serving: general duties of serving food, including dishing, plating and packaging foods to go. Servers must present themselves in a courteous, professional manner to customers.
- Bussing tables: general clean-up of cafeteria including pre-wiping and arranging tables, sweeping floors, cleaning off tables, transporting dishes to dishwasher, etc.
- Dishwashing and pot scrubbing: responsible for keeping dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and other kitchen equipment clean, including scraping off plates, running dishwasher, transporting clean dishes back to clean dish racks, scrubbing pots and pans and other equipment, etc.
- Cleaning: general cleaning of the kitchen, cafeteria eating area, snack bars, dishwashing room, pantry, refrigerators, store rooms and any other areas.
- Food storage and delivery: receiving, stocking, organizing and rotating food items in storage areas, refrigerators and freezers to assure efficient use of room and food. Delivers food items to various locations as requested.
Performs other duties as assigned by Manager Restaurant or Supervisor Restaurant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Medium strength. Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Breakfast cook experience a plus but not required