What if the job you love could make a difference for someone else?
At Thirty-One Gifts, we’re in the business of empowerment. For 15 years, we’ve offered fun and fashionable personalized totes, thermals and home organization solutions, but more importantly, we’ve given thousands of women the chance to achieve their goals by running their own small business.
We’re looking for people who share our mission to join our Home Office team in Columbus, Ohio, and support our sales field with the tools, products and motivation they need to succeed.
As a Thirty-One Gifts employee, you’ll be part of a laid-back, welcoming culture that’s equal parts hard-working and fun-loving, with a generous benefits package and perks like an on-site cafeteria, yoga and fitness classes, employee celebrations, volunteer opportunities and free and discounted products. We’re passionate about making our employees feel celebrated every day, because we know that people thrive when they love where they work!
Thirty-One Gifts is hiring a Cook for the Café inside our new Home Office in New Albany Ohio. The cook will produce food at various stations in a corporate café and catering setting where the food items prepared are different every day. Duties may also include serving guests and helping out in any other area that is needed on a daily basis. At times, cooking in front of guests is possible. This job is fast paced, and the menu changes daily. A wide variety of food is served to meet a variety of tastes.
- Prepare lunch entrees/specials for daily service at stations in the dining room.
- Help cook for catered events.
- Kitchen prep work.
- Pull items needed from cooler, freezer and dry storage.
- Set up serving stations and help serve lunch.
- Complete additional tasks as requested and continuously stay productive.
- Will be asked to occasionally work evening and off hour events.
- Adhere to all industry standard safety and sanitation practices.
- Keep daily HACCP logs
- Customer Service
- Smile, be friendly, respectful and polite to guests at all times.
- Be a supportive and cooperative team member.
- Be clean, polished and presentable in both uniform and personal appearance.
- At least 3 prior years of experience in a kitchen
- Able to cook food according to industry standards as well as standards set forth by the restaurant manager.
- Know how to prepare popular items, ex. Sauces, soups, vinaigrettes, meats and sides.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Physical endurance to stand for entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- Able to effectively clean assigned items and areas.
- Able to complete a daily task list.
- Able to listen and follow direction.
- Able to verbally communicate with guests and team members.
- Willing to help at all stations including dish tank.