University Village Thousand Oaks is currently hiring a full time Cafeteria Attendant (Cook)! The Cafeteria Attendant is responsible for ensuring quality service is provided and maintains the appearance of the cafeteria, as well as cooking and preparing all to-go items.
- Responsible for preparing and serving all food items based on standardized recipes to include, but not limited to: boils, braises and roasts as well as fries, steams, grills, and bakes.
- Maintains supply of all to go items, all takeout items and ensures meals are charged and accounted for.
- Takes orders, provides service and all requested items both graciously and courteously.
- Answers questions about menu items.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours and determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus. Ensures that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Follows all safety procedures when handling kitchen equipment and complies with department sanitation standards and personal hygiene/uniform standards.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned by Chefs and/or supervisor.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a busy environment.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interpret and explain menu, refer or answer questions, coordinate meal service process and understand requests.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with residents, guests, visitors, families, and staff.
- Requires courtesy, tact and graciousness.
- Ability to work in a safe manner complying with all department and Community safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operations and maintenance. Some knowledge of nutrition and diet.
- Culinary education preferred.
- This position is essential to the safety of our residents and staff; and to the operation and function of the community. Employee may be recalled to report to work for an emergency, unusual occurrence, resident care need, visit from regulatory/governing agencies or any other event deemed necessary by the Executive Director, Administrator, and designee.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to stand and walk for 100% of the work day. Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, and balance frequently throughout the work day. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to be around kitchen smells and cooking smoke. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. When lifting over 35 lbs, you are required to ask for assistance. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 200 lbs. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (freezers and stoves-range burners) for short periods of time. May be exposed industrial and household chemicals and high heat levels.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents. Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
University Village offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and a Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with match.
Apply online at http://uvto.hrmdirect.com